I may have gotten a little carried away with one of my past posts - calling myself a cat lady and some such nonsense - and I feel the need to clarify.
When I say I am a cat lady, I mean that I like my cat. Not your cat, not the neighbor cat, not strange cat tchotchkes. My cat.
Your cat often has eye boogers and looks unhealthy.
My cat is sleek and glossy.
Your cat is annoying and needy.
My cat could sleep on my lap all day and I would sit there, frozen, until my legs fell asleep and the boredom nearly drove me mad, so as to not disturb him.
Much how women prefer their child to anyone else's. Your kid's slobber is gross, but my kid's slobber, especially when it kisses me with its mouth wide open, is adorable.
See the difference?
I do not like cat figurines, cat pictures, cat posters or folders (you know the ones I'm talking about). I like my actual real, furry, purring cat, The Admiral (aka Lord Burlington aka Pounce de Leon aka Hashtag Cat aka Buddy), and galacticat. And that one tape dispenser that just so happens to be in the shape of a cat.
That is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment